Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rumor confirmed

You can tell this isn't one of those blogs where people go for up-to-the-minute updates on fan topics. Last week (which is a horrible delay for someone who makes his living as a newsman), the president of Disney Parks confirmed several rumors, including a major princess-themed addition to Fantasyland at Walt Disney World. This is really good news for my readers who might be raising princesses-in-training. You know who you are.

At the same time, they confirmed that Star Tours II will be opening in 2011. It will include 3D technology, which I can attest that Disney rocks at. The promotion they did for the announcement naturally included a garrison from the 501st (who are becoming a bit too ubiquitous for my tastes), and an appearance from Darth Vader. The footage they showed included a first-person view of a podrace in 3D, which, I have to admit, would be incredibly awesome.

So, with a new Star Tours opening in 2011, and an expansion to Fantasyland in 2012, I think another trip to the Magic Kingdom is definitely going to fit into my travel plans within the next few years. As if it wasn't already...

No comments: